*hello my name is:

* Disclaimer* I've never written anything on a blog before, so if it's terrible...well, sorry


In thinking about what to name my blog, I thought about what it meant to have a name. I finally figured that a name is a word that identifies and describes something. So then, of course I thought about words, and what they are, and I brilliantly (or so I thought) deduced that a word is a bunch of letters that when put together mean something. Well, according to my thinking, if a name is a word, and a word is a bunch of letters, then a name is a bunch of letters. Right? At least that is my train of thought. 

A name means much more than a bunch of letters. That is a fact. A name can be used to identify people, objects, places, feelings, ideas, and anything else you can think of. 

A name can also show ownership.Just like we give everything around us a name, God also gives us a name. His name.  One of my favorite songs is by Matthew West. It's titled "Hello My Name Is" This song talks about how even though we struggle with difficult things such as regret and defeat, God has labeled us his children, and we can take so much hope in that.

Well so much for my first post! Hope you enjoyed it!


*Lea



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts