*One College Dropout, Please. No whip.

Here's the thing.
My week has been great so far.
On a scale of 1 to the best week imaginable, I'm at "pretty dang stellar".

Coming back from spring break, I felt the most at home that I have all year. It's been great to get back into my routine, and great to feel productive.

However.
I want to quit.

I want an occupation that makes money, not one that sucks my bank account dry.
I want to be able to hang out with my friends instead of just texting them.
I want to see my family more than 5 weeks out of the school year.
I want to be able to come home and relax instead of stressing about homework.
I want a steady schedule, not one that changes every week.
I want a job that I can work at for more than 8 hours a week.
I want to have a family and play with my kids in the yard.
I want to sleep in a room with more than 1 window.
I just want to have a home.

Even sitting here writing this, I'm washing in a wave of frustration. I just want that stuff, and I want it now.

Oh trust me. I know that I can't have everything I want in life. I know that it would be short-sighted to drop out now. I know there is children starving in Africa while I sit here snacking on fishy crackers. I'm extremely blessed. I know. I really do.

Unfortunately, knowing something in your head doesn't always translate so well into reality. (See: "Why flying scares the crap out of me: A collection of short stories" by Yours Truly)


So why am I still here?
Good Question.
When I find out, I'll let you know.
♡Lea

Comments

Popular Posts